Application for the Harry S. Truman Foundation Funding for College Students in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation in USA
The Foundation has supported Truman Scholars in many fields of study, from agriculture, biology, engineering, technology, medicine, and environmental management, to fields such as economics, education, government, history, international relations, law, political science, public administration, nonprofit management, public health, and public policy.
The Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation – the federal memorial to our thirty-third President – awards merit-based scholarships to college students who plan to pursue careers in government or elsewhere in public service.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
HARRY S. TRUMAN FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students must be a United States citizen, United States national, or a permanent resident of American Samoa.
- a full-time junior-level student at a four-year institution pursuing a bachelor’s degree during the 2018-2019 academic year. ‘Junior’ here means a student who plans to continue the full-time undergraduate study and who expects to receive a baccalaureate degree between December 2019 and August 2020 or a student in his or her third year of collegiate study who expects to graduate during the 2018-2019 academic year;
- nominated by the Truman Scholarship Faculty Representative at his or her institution;
- in the upper quarter of his or her class; and
- a United States citizen or the United States national from American Samoa. Resident aliens (green card holders) are not eligible
- Each nominee for the Truman Scholarship must be:
- A good candidate for the Truman Scholarship meets the above eligibility requirements and also:
- has an extensive record of public and community service;
- has outstanding leadership potential and communication skills; and
- is committed to a career in government or elsewhere in public service, as defined by the Foundation.
HARRY S. TRUMAN FUNDING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Candidates must first be nominated by the Truman Faculty Representative at their institution. Each accredited four-year institution may nominate up to four students for the 2019 awards. Four-year institutions may also nominate three additional transfer students who began their academic career elsewhere.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 4, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below