Application for the HEARD PhD Positions for African Citizens in South Africa – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of KwaZulu–Natal in South Africa.
The grant is aimed at producing expertly qualified graduates to advise or to be part of influential policy-making or programme implementing entities in Africa, and to pursue additional research priorities. The value of each scholarship is R540, 000 and will be paid in equal tranches over three years and payments will be conditional on research progress.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
HEARD PHD POSITIONS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Hold a Master’s Degree in a pertinent subject or a first or upper second class degree together with a track record of professional experience in a health o health-related field.
- Have demonstrable research experience.
- Undertake to register for a PhD dissertation (full time) at the University of KwaZulu–Natal (UKZN).
- Make a commitment to remain on the African continent for at least TWO years after graduation.
- Applications are invited from citizens of all African countries. Female candidates and, in the case of South Africa, those from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, are especially encouraged to apply.
HEARD PHD POSITIONS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants have to apply online.
Application must include:
- A letter of motivation and CV
- An eight to ten-page concept note on one of HEARD’s key thematic research areas: Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights; Gender Equality and Health; Health Governance and Finance; and Health Systems Strengthening.
- Certified copies of both your academic qualifications and your full academic records. If qualifications were obtained from non-English speaking countries please ensure that an official English translation is included.
- A certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Two letters of reference, at least one of which must be academic. The second can be from an individual of professional standing.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 30, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below