Application for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowships Scheme for International Students in Hong Kong – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Research Grants Council in Hong Kong.
These are available for pursuing PhD degree at eight institutions mentioned above. Hong Kong PhD Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest candidates in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities. The award provides an annual stipend of HK$301,200 (approximately US$38,600) and a conference and a research-related travel allowance of HK$12,600 (approximately US$1,600) per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
The Research Grants Council (RGC), which was established in 1991, operates under the aegis of the University Grants Committee (UGC) and functions as an advisory body on research matters within the organizational structure of the Committee.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
HONG KONG PHD FELLOWSHIPS SCHEME ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International applicants can apply for this PhD Scheme.
- These are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the City University of Hong Kong; Hong Kong Baptist University; Lingnan University; The Chinese University of Hong Kong; The Hong Kong Institute of Education; The Hong Kong Polytechnic University; The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology; The University of Hong Kong.
- Candidates who are seeking admission as new full-time PhD pupils in the following eight universities, irrespective of their country of origin, prior work experience and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
- Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
- To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- For applicants from non-English speaking universities, unless they provide proof that English is the language of instruction for all courses, they are required to attach score results of TOEFL or IELTS in their PhD applications to the universities concerned.
HONG KONG PHD FELLOWSHIPS SCHEME APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To participate, applicants may choose up to two programs/departments at one or two universities for PhD study under HKPFS 2020/21. They should comply with the admission requirements of their selected universities and programs.
- Eligible candidates should first make an Initial Application online through the Hong Kong PhD Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number by 2 December 2019 at Hong Kong Time 12:00:00 before submitting applications for PhD admission to their desired universities.
Application must include:
- To apply, learners must have no need to support documents to apply for this free study.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 1, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below