Application for the Honjo International Awards for Graduate Students in Japan – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation in Japan.
These are available for all nationalities and research fields students to pursue a graduate program (Master and PhD) at a Japanese graduate school. The period of the award is set in accordance with the shortest period of time required to complete the intended degree; (1) ¥200,000 per month for1 or 2 years, (2) ¥180,000 per month for 3 years, and (3) ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation has been established to provides to bright holders who are struggling to study under different conditions in developing nations.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
HONJO INTERNATIONAL AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Foreign students who study or plan to study in Japanese graduate school for doctoral or master’s degree.
- All nationalities and research fields are welcome.
- Applicants may directly apply to the foundation without pre-selection by the university.
- To be eligible, the student applying for the PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1984. The student applying for the Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1989.
- The student must be enrolled as of April 2021 or currently applying for the academic course starting from April 2021 at a graduate school in Japan.
- The student should have a strong will to serve in his / her home country after graduation.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese.
- To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
HONJO INTERNATIONAL AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants can submit an online application with “web application system” and upload the required documents.
Application must include:
- Academic transcript (In Japanese or English), Research Plan, A recommendation letter from the supervisor, Documents that prove admission, such as an admission letter, a letter of acceptance etc.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before October 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below