Application for the Horatio Alger Scholarships for Canadian Students in Canada, 2019/2020 Entry is now open for International students at the Horatio Alger Association Canada.
These are provided to learn any of the courses. In Quebec, the education funds may be used for a three-year vocational program at college or a two-year preparatory program followed by a university degree.The Horatio Alger Association of Canada awards $5,000 awards annually to deserving students in Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec, with plans for national expansion of its programs in the coming years.
These are awarded to financially disadvantaged full-time students who have demonstrated integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity, a commitment to pursue post-secondary education, a desire to contribute to society and a good academic record.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
HORATIO ALGER SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Enrollment full time in their terminal year of high school and taking classes during spring 2014.
- progressing normally toward graduation in the spring/summer 2014, with plans to enter a post-secondary institution no later than the fall following graduation.
- a strong commitment to pursuing and completing a degree at an accredited public or private post-secondary institution in Canada.
- critical financial need ($50,000 or less net income per family is preferred; if higher, an explanation must be provided).
- involvement in co-curricular and community activities.
- a minimum grade percentage of 65; attend a high school and live in the province that you are applying from and Canadian citizenship.
- The students of Canada can apply for educations.
HORATIO ALGER SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The mode of applying is online.
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before October 25, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below