Application for the HostSeq Postdoctoral Joint Fellowships Program for International Students in Canada – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Canadian Institutes of Health Research or Compugen Ltd in Canada.
The CGEn HostSeq/CIHR Joint Postdoctoral Fellowship Program will support highly-qualified postdoctoral trainees whose research involves the study of human genetics and the challenges of COVID-19 disease in Canada using bioinformatic approaches. Successful applicants to the fellowship program must apply for access to and use CGEn‡s host genome sequencing (HostSeq) Databank to support their postdoctoral research project. The university will provide the benefits:- The total amount available for this funding opportunity is $1,120,000, enough to fund approximately 16 awards. The maximum amount per award is $70,000 annually for up to 1 year. Award funding is allocated as follows: Trainee stipend: $65,000 per award. Research allowance: $5,000 per award.
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research is the principal federal agency responsible for funding health and medical research in Canada. It is the successor to the Medical Research Council of Canada. It aims to create new health knowledge and translate that knowledge from the research setting into real-world applications. CIHR supports more than 13,000 researchers and trainees as part of the federal government’s investment in health research. Compugen Ltd. is a clinical-stage publicly traded predictive drug discovery and Development Company headquartered in Israel. Compugen was established as a computational drug discovery service provider in 1993. It had arrangements with big pharma such as Novartis AG, Abbot Laboratories, and Pfizer Inc.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
HOSTSEQ POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants from a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a citizen of another country.
- The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- The Nominated Principal Applicant (NPA) must be a postdoctoral trainee at the same Canadian Institution as their primary supervisor by the funding start date and meet the minimum commitment of 75% of their time in the proposed research training.
- The NPA is a postdoctoral trainee with studies relevant to the IG mandate, such as human genetics, computational and systems biology; bioinformatics; health data science.
- The NPA can be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of another country.
- A primary supervisor who has an academic appointment with a CIHR Eligible Institution must be identified on the application. Only one candidate per supervisor will be considered for this program. The primary supervisor must secure the trainee with postdoctoral status at the university by the fellowship’s start date. An additional supervisor may also the NPA is responsible for securing their proposed postdoctoral primary supervisor before applying to this program.
- To be admitted, you need to meet the entry requirements for each qualification you plan to study.
- The students must have knowledge of conversational English at least.
HOSTSEQ POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To be considered for the opportunity , applicants must have to take admission in the postdoctoral degree program at the CIHR or CGEn. To complete your full application, only some of the components of the general Other Training Awards – Application Instructions will apply.
Application must include:
- Letters of Support – Mandatory (Maximum 3 pages per supervisor, upload individually): Label as “Letter of Support from Supervisor – Name”
- Label as “List of Other Contributions” – Mandatory (Maximum 1 page):
- Degree certificate
- Transcripts of marks
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 30, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below