Application for the Icelandic Ministry of Education, Science and Culture Scholarships in Iceland – 2019/2020 . Entry is now open at the Icelandic Government in Iceland.
The studentships are intended for students of modern Icelandic. Subjects covered include morphology, syntax, and phonetics of modern Icelandic. The students read both old and modern literature and learn about the history of Iceland from settlement to modern times. Additionally, students are introduced to translations.The scholarship covers registration fees at the University and a monthly stipend of approximately ISK 140.000 – that should cover room and board for one person, payable at the beginning of each month, September to April and a room will be available for rent in one of the University dormitory, Gamli Garður.
The aim of the Icelandic Government award is to enable and encourage academically able students. The program is administrated by the Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ICELANDIC MINISTRY SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Nationals of the following countries are eligible:List of Subjects: Austria, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faeroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States of America.
- The bursaries are intended for students of modern Icelandic. Students must have completed at least one year of University study.
- Students must also have prior knowledge of Icelandic according to the requirements for BA study in Icelandic as a second language (Icelandic knowledge on the level with the courses Icelandic Online 1 and 2).
- Preference will, as a rule, be given to a candidate under 35 years of age. Icelandic as a second language is comprised of both theoretical and practical fields of study.
- On the one hand, it is a language course, where students are trained in speaking, reading and writing modern Icelandic.
- On the other hand, it delves into the more academic aspects of the Icelandic language, literature, and history of Iceland.
- Subjects covered include morphology, syntax, and phonetics of modern Icelandic. The students read both old and modern literature and learn about the history of Iceland from settlement to modern times.
- Applicants should have knowledge of English and Icelandic language. Students must have completed at least one year of University study. Students must also have prior knowledge of Icelandic according to the requirements for BA study in Icelandic as a second language.
ICELANDIC MINISTRY SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The mode of applying is the post or electronically.
Application must include:
- n application should include the following documents (in English, Icelandic or other Scandinavian languages):
- University transcripts/copies of diplomas with grades.
- Two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors at your University
- Language certificate (English and/or Icelandic)
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 1, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below