Application for the ICR PhD Studentships for International Students in UK 2019 Entry is now open at the Institute of Cancer Research in the UK.
Applications are invited for two Early Stage Researcher (ESR) PhD studentships at the Institute of Cancer Research. Scholarships are available for International students.
The ICR is a member of an exciting new EU funded innovative training network (ITN) which aims to exploit EU wide experience of industrial and biomedical ultrasound cavitation and sonochemistry. This ambitious overall programme will take a systematic approach towards understanding ultrasound cavitation better using a combination of experiments and simulations.
The Institute of Cancer Research, London, is one of the world’s most influential cancer research institutes, with an outstanding record of achievement dating back more than 100 years.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ICR PHD STUDENTSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Please note that special conditions apply as per Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) regulations.
- Be able to demonstrate that they have spent fewer than 12 months working in the UK in the last 3 years, and
- Should have a minimum of a BSc, but preferably an MSc, in a relevant physical science or engineering subject, and
- Be able to demonstrate strong experimental and mathematical modelling capabilities.
Admissions to all ICR research degree programmes are governed by the ICR Admissions Policy and Procedure (PDF) and the Appeals and Complaints Procedure for Applicants (PDF).
We consider applications on merit and have a strong commitment to enhancing the diversity of our students
To be eligible for registration for the degree of MPhil/ PhD, you should have (or expect to obtain):
- A degree in a relevant subject passed with First Class or Upper Second Class honours 
- or a Masters degree in a relevant subject
- or an overseas qualification of equivalent standard to the above
- or an MPhil in a relevant field (see paragraph 9.1 of the MPhil/PhD Code of Practice)
And you must have:
- experience of the relevant laboratory of research work relevant to the post
English Language Requirements:
- You must be able to demonstrate a proficiency in English to the equivalent of an IELTS score of 7.0, with a minimum of 6 in any one component;
- or within the last two years in a majority English speaking country, have either education experience in English for a minimum of 1 year; or work experience in English for a minimum of 18 months and be able to satisfy Home Office visa criteria where necessary
ICR PHD STUDENTSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Applicants should send:
- Letter of motivation,
- Curriculum vitae of at most 3 pages,
- Copy of transcripts and of their degree, and a copy of the master’s thesis or any other publications (if available),
- Two written recommendation letters (e.g. one by the former Master thesis supervisor and their referee’s contact details).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 31, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below