Application for the ICU Foundation for United States Scholars Initiative in Japan – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Japan ICU Foundation in Japan.
The United States Scholars Initiative (USSI) aims to increase the number of international, degree-seeking undergraduate students from the United States at ICU. This merit-based support will provide full-tuition support for four years of undergraduate study at ICU.
The Japan ICU Foundation is a public charity based in New York City committed to supporting International Christian University’s global and ecumenical programs.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ICU FOUNDATION ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- United States applicants are eligible for these endowments.
- The applicants must be United States citizens
- Students must also demonstrate an interest in Japan, the Japanese language and the liberal arts.
- Will graduate from U.S. high school
- Strong interest in Japan and the Japanese language
- Interest in liberal arts education
- Single with no dependents
- Applicants must have to submit either a TOEFL or IELTS score.
ICU FOUNDATION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The results will be announced by ICU in February 2020. Immediately after acceptance, the program recipients will commit to study at ICU.
Application must include:
- Application form
- Personal statement (400-500 words) on why you would like to study at ICU, and what your plans are after graduation
- Short essay (400-500 words)
- Copy of transcript (last 3 years of secondary school)
- Educational certification (SAT with essay, ACT plus writing or, IB full diploma)
- 2 letters of recommendation (One from HS principal, guidance counsellor, tutor or IB coordinator; one from an HS instructor who has taught a core academic subject eg. English, SS, math, science, foreign language)
- If you have graduated from a U.S. high school but have NOT spent the last continuous six years at an institution in which English is the language of instruction, you will need to submit either a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 1, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below