Application for the IEEE PES Undergraduate Engineering Scholarships – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) in USA, Puerto Rico or Canada.
The goal of the IEEE PES Scholarship Plus Initiative is to encourage undergraduate students to pursue careers in power and energy engineering. Scholarship recipients will receive the following amounts assuming continued qualification: US$2,000 for each of the first two years, and US$3,000 for the third year.
The IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES), formerly the IEEE Power Engineering Society, is the oldest society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) focused on the scientific and engineering knowledge about electric power and energy.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
IEEE PES SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students from the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico can apply for these endowments.
- A citizen or permanent resident of the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Canada?
- A full-time student at a university or college in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Canada?
- Working towards an Electrical Engineering bachelor’s degree
- Willing to take at least 3 Power Engineering courses, totalling 9 credits or more
- A student with a GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Willing to consider a career in electric power and energy engineering
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
IEEE PES SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants must complete the online application form. The application is considered complete if:
Application must include:
- All required sections of the application are marked as 100% completed
- A letter of reference has been included with their application
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before June 30, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below