Application for the IFPTI Fellowship in Food Protection for International Applicants in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the International Food Protection Training in USA.
The aim of the fellowship is to produce networking one-on-one with federal, state, and local food protection current and future leaders. The fellowship will cover the followings: The Fellowship Program is offered at no cost for selected U.S. participants. U.S. Fellows are reimbursed for all appropriate program travel expenses according to IFPRI’s travel policy, Fellows receive 16.6 IACET CEUs upon completion of the program.
The International Food Protection Training Institute is an initiative of the Global Food Protection Institute, a nonprofit organization driving the adoption of food protection policies and practices for a safer global food supply. Its mission is to improve public health and reduce mortality, morbidity, and economic costs associated with foodborne illnesses.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
IFPTI FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Current criteria for the Fellowship program prevents participation by anyone not employed with a U.S. human or animal food/feed regulatory agency (local, state, federal, tribal or territorial) or a government laboratory (supporting regulatory food programs).
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible for the fellowship.
- Applications are welcome from regulators or laboratorians employed by non-U.S. human or animal food/feed regulatory agencies or government laboratories supporting food regulatory programs.
- The non-U.S. food regulator or laboratorian who desires to be considered for the Fellowship program must personally contact IFPTI for an in-depth discussion of his or her agency’s responsibilities for full tuition payment and all travel expenses.
- Applicants must be food protection professionals.
- All non-U.S. applicants must have English proficiency of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of a minimum of band 7 (Good user).
IFPTI FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants can apply via online mode.
Application must include:
- Three letters of reference related to the food regulatory profession
- Agency or Supervisor letter of support to participate
- A written explanation of long-term food protection goals
- Applicant’s letter of commitment to complete the year-long program
- One page, original composition, with sources, of applicant’s perception of the Integrated Food Safety System (IFSS).
- Written proof of IELTS score (applies only to non-U.S. regulators or laboratorians)
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 1, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below