Application for the IGIDR-IDRC Scholarships and Fellowships for Asian Countries Students in India – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) in India.
Scholarships and fellowships are available to visit IGIDR for a period of 12 months (extendable to a maximum of another 12 months) to undertake doctoral and postdoctoral research in any field within Economics, with a special focus on Labor Market and Industrial Policy. The selected scholar will be paid a scholarship of INR 100000 per month, One round trip travel expense up to a maximum of INR 50000, fixed medical coverage of INR 25000, book grant of INR 50000, a research grant of INR 100000, and conference travel support up to a maximum of INR 150000.
The aims and objectives of the Institute are to promote and conduct research on developmental issues from a broad interdisciplinary perspective (economic, technological, social, political and ecological).
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
IGIDR-IDRC SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- award is open for citizens of the following Asian countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.
- The applicants, preferably within the age limit of 35 years, should be either fresh PhD (within two years of successful submission of their dissertations) or junior faculty, who have submitted their PhD dissertations or obtained PhD degrees with an outstanding academic training and record in the broad area of Economics, and particularly, Inclusive Development with special emphasis on Labor Markets and Industrial Policy.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
IGIDR-IDRC SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants are required to submit the following either by email to [email protected] with the subject line `Application for Asianhub Post-Doctoral position …………………(name of the applicant)‘ or by Post (IGIDR-IDRC Asianhub Post-Doctoral program, IGIDR, Film City Road, Goregaon East, Mumbai 400065, India with subject line `Application for Asianhub Post-Doctoral position………………(name of the applicant)‘) on or before February 20, 2020:
Application must include:
- Complete curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, if applicable
- Synopsis of the applicant’s PhD thesis. (If asked, the applicant should be prepared to send a copy of the thesis.)
- The proposed plan of Post-doctoral work at IGIDR (not exceeding 3 pages).
- One `Writing Sample’ which could be an article or a scholarly paper published/presented in academic journals/conferences or extracts from the applicant’s past academic work, if available, with evidence of applicant’s interest in labour markets and industrial policy.
- Scan of the Passport with details such as a photograph, passport number, place of issue, and validity
- Two academic recommendations, including one from the applicant’s dissertation supervisor, which should comment on the applicant’s academic calibre, research potential, and English proficiency, among other things, should be sent to asianhub-at-igidr.ac.in from the recommender’s official email id with the subject line `Reference for Asianhub Post-Doctoral Applicant………………………………..(name of the applicant)‘.
- Certificate from the applicant’s university registrar/head of the department that the applicant has either submitted the PhD thesis or has been awarded the PhD degree.
- In the case of junior faculty, applications should be
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 20, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below