Application for the IHS PhD Positions for Humane Studies in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Institute for Humane Studies in USA.
IHS awards the IHS PhD Positions each year to promising students dedicated to developing, teaching, and applying the principles of a free society. The Humane Studies Fellowship is a non-residency, renewable award of up to $15,000 per year to assist students enrolled or planning to enrol in full-time PhD programs, and The Institute for Humane Studies will also offer one $30,000 fellowship this year, but this award is contingent on the needs and calibre of the applicant pool.
IHS is a nonprofit educational organization that engages with students and professors around the country to encourage the study and advancement of freedom.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
IHS PHD POSITIONS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International applicants are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- Be enrolled full time in a PhD program at any institution for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Have a research interest that contributes to the advancement of classical liberal scholarship.
- Applicants must have their previous degree.
IHS PHD POSITIONS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- You have to take admission at any institution in the USA. After taking admission, you can access the online application form for the award.
Application must include:
- A recent writing sample of 3,000 words or fewer. Partial samples of longer works are acceptable.
- An official or unofficial electronic transcript from your current or most recent institution.
- If applicable, please upload your dissertation proposal.
- Each essay should be 500 words or fewer.
- Explain your research agenda as if speaking to a colleague in your field and why it is important
- How do you plan to use your Humane Studies Fellowship award?
- Explain a current or prospective paper or research project you will complete as part of this fellowship, and how it advances an understanding of classical liberal ideas.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 1, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below