Application for the IIDA Student Design Competition for International Graduate and Undergraduate Students in USA – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the IIDA in UK.
IIDA, with respect for past accomplishments of Interior Design leaders, strives to create a strong niche for the most talented and visionary Interior Design professionals, to elevate the profession to the level it warrants, and to lead the way for the next generation of Interior Design innovators. First, second, and third place winners will be selected by a jury of interior design and business professionals who will judge entries based on innovation and creativity, coherence and functionality, human impact, the fulfilment of program requirements, and presentation of the information. Prizes from OFS: 1st Place – $2,500, 2nd Place – $1,500, and 3rd Place – $750.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
IIDA STUDENT DESIGN COMPETITION ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students from all around the world are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- This competition is open to graduate and undergraduate students around the world who are currently enrolled in an interior design or architecture program.
- School projects already completed may be reinterpreted and/or edited to meet the requirements of this competition. If the school project was completed as a group, all members must agree in writing to enter the reinterpreted and/or edited project, and all members must be listed as participants on the entry form.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
IIDA STUDENT DESIGN COMPETITION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Project/Contact Info (entry form)
- Participant name(s)
- Member ID (if a current member)
- Project title
- Contact info
- 500-word project description outlining why your concept demonstrates the best solution for the Digestive Health Clinic
- One (1) 24” x 36” digital presentation board in PDF format, file size between 3MB and 10MB, containing:
- One (1) dimensioned floor plan drawn to scale
- One (1) furniture and materials plan
- You may combine the dimensioned floor plan and furniture plans.
- One (1) reflected ceiling plan, created with the assumption that the ceiling is a blank slate
- Two to four (2-4) renderings of the completed space
- Two (2) additional drawings of the space, which can be an elevation, perspective, isometric, axonometric, or orthographic drawing
- Additional elements to convey the overall concept including, but not limited to, furniture and fixture specifications, colour palettes, wall sections, electrical plans, schedules, additional renderings, etc.
- Individual JPG file submissions of the ten to twelve (10-12) required drawings/renderings outlined above saved as:
- JPG format
- RGB colour mode
- 8.5” x 11” minimum dimensions
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 15, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below