Application for the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship in Mathematics – 2019/2020 Entry is now open by the World Academy of Sciences.
The purpose of this program is to support highly motivated and talented candidates to pursue their postgraduate studies and leading to a PhD degree in the Mathematical Sciences.
The fellowship will cover the entire period of the doctoral program up to a maximum of USD 10,000 per year to four years of the student with full tuition fee, accommodation expenses, travel expenses, living expenses.
Founded in 1983, the World Academy of Sciences is an annual award institute to recognize excellence in scientific research in the global South. It promotes scientific capacity and excellence for sustainable development in the South.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
IMU BREAKOUT GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Citizens of Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China (excluding Hong Kong and Macao), Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, D.P.R. of Korea, D.R. of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s DR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia (FS of), Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, State of Palestine, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, TFYR of Macedonia, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, U.R. of Tanzania: Mainland, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Yemen, Zambia, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe. are eligible for this grant.
- The applicant must be a resident or a citizen of a developing country, and be pre-accepted to join a doctoral program in the first academic year after the time of selection in a university or research institution which is based on a developing country from the list above.
- The student needs to be already enrolled in a doctoral program in a university or research institution which is based on a developing country from the list above.
- Claimants need to have their bachelor degree certificates and all the academic qualification certificates.
IMU BREAKOUT GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Candidates are required to be registered as a full-time postgraduate student at any university of a developing country. After being registered candidates can submit the online application form of the bursary. All applications must include:
- A statement from the nominator, scanned copy of student passport, official letter of pre-acceptance in the PhD program, budget of total expenses requested, PhD supervisor CV, research project, two letters of recommendation , transcripts of coursework, nominee CV, nominee letter of motivation, research project and future plans of the student, nominator declaration, PhD supervisor declaration and nominee declaration.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before May 31, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below