Application for the International Doctoral Studentships in Sinology in Sweden – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden.
The scholarship opportunity is designed for all international and domestic students who wish to pursue PhD degree in Sweden. The subject area of Sinology covers the Chinese language and culture in a broad sense. The PhD candidates selected will be offered employment for four years full-time at the University of Gothenburg.
The University of Gothenburg is a university in Gothenburg, Sweden’s second-largest city. The university is ranked 134th in the list of the Best Global Universities. The institution challenges people to enrich their lives and attain a sustainable future by using science as a basis and engaging teaching techniques.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
INTERNATIONAL DOCTORAL STUDENTSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All international and domestic students can apply.
- Students can apply for a PhD in Sinology at the University of Gothenburg.
- To be eligible for admission to doctoral studies, the applicant must meet the general entry requirements according to Sweden’s Higher Education Ordinance (Chapter 7 Section 39) and the specific entry requirements. A person meets the general entry requirements for third-cycle courses and study programmes if he or she:
- Has been awarded a second-cycle qualification,
- Has satisfied the requirements for courses comprising at least 240 credits of which at least 60 credits were awarded at second-cycle level, or
- Has acquired substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
- The applicants must have a second-cycle (advanced-level) degree in a relevant subject area in the natural sciences, or have completed studies for at least 60 higher education credits at a second-cycle level in relevant subject areas in the natural sciences, or have completed a corresponding program of relevance to the planned third-cycle program, in Sweden or another country, or have equivalent qualifications.
- The applicant must also have good knowledge of English and the languages relevant to conducting the selected research project.
INTERNATIONAL DOCTORAL STUDENTSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Students interested in applying for the studentship must log in here to submit an admission application first. Students must include the supporting documents in PDF format in their application to be considered for the studentships.
Application must include:
- Your application should include:
- A personal letter written in Swedish or English. The letter should state why you wish to pursue doctoral studies in the subject area, how your project can contribute to the Department’s research profile, and what expectations you have of the Department’s research environment. The maximum length of this text is 3000 characters (including spaces).
- CV containing contact details, your education, work experience and other relevant qualifications.
- Degree certificate and Official Transcript of Records from Ladok, or equivalent, of completed courses.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 8 February, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below