Application for the International PhD Scholarship in Governance and Policy Analysis in Netherlands – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the United Nations University / Maastricht University .
This scholarship is available for talented students who are going to enrol in a PhD degree programme in the field of Governance and Policy Analysis. The UNU-MERIT covers for the students who want to commence a PhD degree program for the academic year 2020-2021.
The United Nations University – Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT) is a research and training institute of United Nations University based in Maastricht in the south of the Netherlands.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
INTERNATIONAL PHD SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities.
- Dual Career Training Programme has eight research themes;
- Economics of Knowledge and Innovation
- Structural Change and Economic Development
- Economic Complexity and Innovation
- Governance and institutions
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Sustainability Transitions
- Migration and Development
- Social Protection
- Population, Development and Labour Economics
- They must have a Master’s degree from a relevant academic field, including economics, international relations, political science, law, social sciences, business administration, health sciences or public health.
- Candidates should have basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and working experience.
- Applicants must have basic knowledge of economics, social sciences, political science and law, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and working experience.
- To study at UNU-MERIT, students will need to meet the academic entry requirements for their course.
- All candidates must have proficiency in English, with a minimum level of 600 PBT / 240 CBT / 100 IBT for the TOEFL or 7.0 for the IELTS (native speakers of English and students who received their Bachelor’s or Master’s education in English are exempt). Maastricht University’s TOEFL code is 7102.
INTERNATIONAL PHD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- In order to apply for the opportunity, candidates are required to take part in a PhD degree program at the university. After that, they must have to submit the online application form.
Application must include:
- Certified copies of bachelor’s and master’s diplomas and grades
- Proof of proficiency in English – the minimum level accepted is 600 PBT, 100 ICT or 240 CBT (TOEFL) or 7.0 (IELTS). Native speakers and students who have received their bachelor’s or master’s education in English are exempted
- Motivation letter (400- 500 words)
- Two signed reference letters on original letterhead (by current or former professors or employers)
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before October 1, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below