Application for the International PhD Studentships in Dissecting Genetic Drivers of Obesity-Related Metabolic Diseases in UK – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the University of Edinburgh Centre for Cardiovascular Science and University of Copenhagen in UK.
The funding program aims to support students from any country and want to undertake their PhD degree at the university for the academic year 2022-2023. The successful applicant is expected to spend a substantial period in Copenhagen (based flexibly on 2Y:2Y model). The studentship comes with an international fee waiver, 4 years of UKRI-level stipend (£15,609 in 21/22, with yearly increments), £5K pa APCs and £400 pa for travel.
The University of Edinburgh is Scotland’s most prominent and oldest university, offering courses in the arts, humanities, and computer science. It offers international students a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
INTERNATIONAL PHD STUDENTSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities.
- PhD degree coursework in Dissecting Genetic Drivers of Obesity-Related Metabolic Diseases.
- Must have a solid background in computer architectures and machine learning.
- Proficient skills in C, C++, and Python.
- Must have a 1st class Bachelor’s degree and/or Distinction Master’s degree in computer science or highly related subjects.
- Knowledge of deep learning, optimization, distributed systems, and high-performance computing is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Dr. Mai’s recent AI system research.
- For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
INTERNATIONAL PHD STUDENTSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Students must submit all degree transcripts and certificates (and certified translations if applicable), a short research proposal (max 2 pages), a full CV and cover letter describing your background, suitability for the PhD, and research interests (max 2 pages) and two references.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before October 31, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below