Application for the International PhD Studentships in Highly Integrated Coherent Optical Fibre Communications in UK – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Aston University in UK.
This study programme is available for brilliant students from around the world who want to undertake a PhD degree at Aston University. The positions are available to start in March, July, or October 2022. Aston University will cover the Home fees rate, plus a maintenance allowance of at least £15,609 (subject to eligibility). Outstanding applicants will qualify for additional support of up to £3,000 per year.
Aston University is the UK’s premier institution for business and technical professions. It is a public research university. Its purpose is to present innovative research, inspire teaching, and positively influence locally and globally.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
INTERNATIONAL PHD STUDENTSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are accepted from around the world.
- PhD degree in Highly Integrated Coherent optical fibre Communications.
- The successful applicants should have been awarded, or expect to achieve, a Masters degree in a relevant subject with a 60% or higher weighted average, and/or a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or equivalent qualification from an overseas institution) in physics, applied physics, or electronic/electrical engineering. Preferred skill requirements include knowledge/experience of optical fibre communications, photonics, and/or mathematical modelling of physical systems, including digital signal processing and machine learning.
- Applicants must be overseas citizens.
- The successful applicant should have a first-class or upper second class honors degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject area.
- For applicants who are not from majority English-speaking countries, it is necessary to meet our English language requirements.
INTERNATIONAL PHD STUDENTSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Copies of your grade transcripts
- Please include the supervisor name, project title, and project reference in your Personal Statement.
- The application must be accompanied by a short “research proposal” statement.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 31 January, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below