Application for the International VELUX Awards for Students of Architecture in Denmark – 2019/2020 Entry is now open by the International VELUX Award in Denmark.
The aim of the award is to engage with students of architecture about how to use sunlight and daylight as main sources of energy and light and how to ensure health and well-being of the people who live and work in buildings. The total prize money is up to 30,000 €. Depending on the results of the international jury, a Grand Prize of 5,000 € per category will be awarded (4,000 € to the student and 1,000 € to the teacher) for the most outstanding projects. Depending on the results for each region, a prize of 1,250 € per category will be awarded for the best projects (1,000 € to the student and 250 € to the teacher). The jury will be allowed to award a number of special prizes, including prizes for innovative use of VELUX products.
The International VELUX Award challenges students of architecture to explore the theme of sunlight and daylight. The award is biennial and was first presented in 2004.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
INTERNATIONAL VELUX AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The award is open to any registered student of architecture – individual or team – all over the world. We encourage multi-disciplinary teams including e.g. engineering, design and landscaping. Every student or student team must be backed and granted submission by a teacher from a school of architecture.
- The award welcomes projects from individuals or groups of students, who are students during the study year 2019/20.
- There is no limit to the number of entries from each school, but participating schools should ensure the quality of submitted study projects, e.g. by making a prejudgment. VELUX employees cannot participate.
- Candidates from all over the world are eligible to apply.
- English Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
INTERNATIONAL VELUX AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- You can submit your project on iva.velux.com using the IVA account that you create when you register
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 30, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below