Application for the IRC – SFI Pathway PhD Scholarships for International Students in Ireland – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Trinity College Dublin in Ireland.
The scholarship is offered to students that hold a master’s degree in a relevant field of study and are willing to work on the project ‘Early Irish Hands: The Development of Writing in Early Ireland’ from September 2022. Ideal candidates will have a good command of English and knowledge of Latin. The scholarship award is made of a stipend of €18,500 annually plus a travel budget and a €5,750 contribution towards fees.
Trinity College Dublin also called the College of the Holy, is the top ranked university in Ireland ranked by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings at 155th position in the world. TCD provides a liberal environment where independence of thought is highly valued and where all are encouraged to achieve their full potential.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- A 4 year PhD programme offered in the Department of History at the Trinity College Dublin can be applied for.
- The applicants must have a good command of English and have evidence of solid knowledge of Latin.
- The applicants must also meet the general entry requirements of the college.
- The applicants must have a Master’s degree/diploma (awarded or pending) or international equivalent (German Staatsexamen, etc.) in a relevant academic area (relevant areas include but are not limited to: Classics, Early Irish, Medieval Studies, History, Manuscript Studies, Digital Humanities, Celtic Studies).
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 88
- TOEFL PBT – 570
- TOEFL CBT – 230
- CEFR Level C1 or C2 – Grade C or Better
- PTE – 63
- Duolingo – 110.
PHD SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- A motivation letter addressing how you intend to approach the research topic
- Two letters of recommendation
- Certified academic transcripts for all degrees
- Certified degree certificates for all degrees
- A detailed CV
- A writing sample (an academic essay, an article, a chapter from a dissertation, or the like.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 6 June, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below