Application for the Irvington Postdoctoral International Fellowship in Canada – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the McMaster University in Canada.
The educational award is available for talented and motivated students who wish to undertake a postdoctoral degree in engineering at the university. The university provides a stipend of $55,000 for the first year, $57,000 for the second year, and $59,000 for the third year. In addition, an allowance of $1,500 per year is allotted to the host institution for use at the sponsor’s discretion to help pay for the fellow’s research supplies, travel to scientific meetings, and/or health insurance.
Founded in 1881, McMaster University is a public research university ranked 90th in the world and third in Canada. It has a strong history of success in industry-driven research and student-focused teaching, and it provides a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
IRVINGTON INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Postdoctoral degree in Health Sciences.
- Applicants for the CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program must be working in areas directly related to immunology or cancer immunology. An eligible project must fall into the broad field of immunology with relevance to solving the cancer problem.
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree by the date of award activation and must conduct their proposed research under a sponsor who holds a formal appointment as an assistant professor or higher rank at the host institution.
- Applicants with 5 or more years of relevant postdoctoral experience at the time of award activation are not eligible, with the exception of M.D. applicants, who should not include years of residency in this calculation.
- Only in exceptional circumstances will applicants who have already spent 3 or more years in a sponsor’s laboratory by the start date of the fellowship be considered for a fellowship award.
- The fellowship can be performed in the United States or abroad but must take place at a non-profit institution. There are no citizenship restrictions.
- For being admitted, you need to meet the admission requirements for each qualification you plan to study.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
IRVINGTON INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- All candidates must have to submit a CV, academic transcripts and certificates.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before October 1, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below