The application for the Japanese Studies Fellowships for the academic year 2022/2023 is now open by Japan Foundation for all International Students in Australia.
The Japan Foundation hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2022/2023 Fellowships. The Japan Foundation has set-up a tertiary Fellowships to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the undergraduate level. The selected students will be provided round-trip airfare (discount economy class [most direct and economical route] and stipend and other allowances. Japan Foundation has allocated Fellowships specifically for the following fields below.
The Japan Foundation and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the Japanese Studies Fellowships, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
JAPANESE STUDIES FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Students can apply for research study programmes in humanities and social sciences
- Non-US and US students both are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must hold nationality or lawful permanent resident status in countries that have diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Applicants must secure all affiliation arrangements by the application deadline.
- Applicants must have a previous degree and meet the academic and entry requirements of their respective universities.
- The students must meet the language requirements of the university they wish to apply to. They must be proficient in either Japanese or English
HOW TO APPLY FOR JAPANESE STUDIES FELLOWSHIPS
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- Statement including:
- Application form
- Two references
- Letter of Affiliation
- Official academic transcripts
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 1st December 2022. Late applications will not be considered.