Application for the Japanese Government MEXT Funding for Australian Students in Japan – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in Japan.
This opportunity is open for outstanding candidates who wish to accomplish their undergraduate study in the area of Social Sciences and Humanities or Natural Sciences. The scholarship covers the following expenses: All tuition fees, Return airfares, and A monthly allowance of 117,000 Yen (amount subject to change)
The Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology is the member of the Cabinet of Japan and it is also known as MEXT. It provides the Children Living Abroad and Returnees Internet.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MEXT FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences and Humanities or Natural Sciences
- To be eligible, the applicants must possess Australian citizenship and be born on or after April 2, 1996. Applicants must have completed 12 years of education or graduated from the equivalent of a Japanese Senior High School (ie. finished Year 12) by March or August 2021.
- For admission, applicants must hold high school certificates from a recognized university.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
MEXT FUNDING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The interested applicants are suggested to start their application process for an undergraduate degree program at any Japanese university. After that, they submit their application form with some additional documents.
Application must include:
- Applicants need to upload all the required documents such as CV, visa requirement, previous transcripts at the university.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before July 8, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below