Application for the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships for International Students in Tokyo – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the University of Tokyo in Tokyo.
The educational bursary aims to attract outstanding international participants and support their masters or doctoral degree study in Japan. The award will provide a monthly stipend (144,000 yen/month (for a student of a Master’s Program), or 145,000 yen/month (for a student of a Doctoral Program) (an additional monthly stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 yen may be added to those students undertaking study or research in some designated regions of the country), and also travel cost to Japan from Japan.
Established in 1877, the University of Tokyo is a public research university. It is the first imperial university and also recognized as one of Japan’s most prestigious universities.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
JAPANESE GOVERNMENT (MEXT) SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International applicants are eligible.
- Available for pursuing a masters or doctoral degree program within the departments of Physics, Astronomy, Earth & Planetary Science, Chemistry, Biological Sciences at the university.
- Candidates must be born on or after April 2, 1985.
- You must apply for the field of study that they studied at their previous university or a related field.
- You must be physically and mentally healthy enough to pursue their studies.
- Must meet certain criteria set by MEXT with outstanding academic achievement.
- Successful participants must have university grade points* of 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above in their two most recent years of study and be expected to maintain the same academic standards during the course of the scholarship program.
- The participants need to demonstrate the English language ability through the TOEFL or IELTS test.
JAPANESE GOVERNMENT (MEXT) SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The interested applicants are suggested to start their application process for a masters or doctoral degree program at the university and. After that, they submit their application form with some additional documents to the following contact details-
Room 278, 2nd floor, School of Science Building 1, Hongo Campus
7-3-1, Hongo, Bunkyo-Ku, Tokyo 113-0033 JAPAN
Application must include:
- Your application form must contain a study and research plan, letter of recommendation from ‘dean or above’, passport-type photo, an application form for your choice of program, official transcripts, language ability proof, an official statement of graduation, and a copy of the student’s passport.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before October 29, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below