Application for the John and Griselda Lewis Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Reading in UK 2019 Entry is now open for International students in the UK.
The University of Reading is inviting applications for John and Griselda Lewis Postdoctoral Fellowship available from March 2019, or a mutually agreed date and for a period of up to 12 months. Fellowships are available for International students.
The project funding bid would aim to support the production of a new critical edition of Lewis’ 1962 publication ‘Printed Ephemera: The Changing Uses of Type and Letterforms in English and American Printing’ to be accompanied by a collection of essays or articles exploring different aspects of the collection, the work of the Lewis’s.
The University of Reading is a public university located in Reading, Berkshire, England. It was founded as a University of Oxford extension college in 1892 as University College, Reading.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
JOHN AND GRISELDA LEWIS POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Fellowships are available for International students.
- We are seeking an exceptional postdoctoral researcher with an ability to exploit this opportunity to build on the legacy of the Lewis’s pioneering work in relation to the history and development of type and letterforms.
- They will have a demonstrable interest in printing history, ephemera or the history of typographic design and preferably a strong track record of archival and collections research experience in a relevant area.
English Language Requirements: The English language levels generally required for our undergraduate courses are outlined in the tables below. However, if you do not yet meet these levels then we can help. When you apply please let us know your current level of English (through your most recent IELTS or equivalent score) and we will advise you on the best route to starting a degree with us.
JOHN AND GRISELDA LEWIS POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that references reach Kate Arnold-Forster ([email protected]) by the closing date of 28th February 2019. References should be submitted by email, with the applicant’s name added clearly to the subject line. Applicants should ensure that referees are familiar with the content of their proposal and are able to comment directly on their ability to deliver the work outlined. In instances where the applicants have an institutional affiliation, applicants should seek references from external sources.
Applicants should submit:
- A CV
- Written proposal (of up to 1,500 words) indicating how you would approach this project and apportion time to developing the bid and other related research.
- Applicants should also ensure that references have been provided by two referees by (see submission details below).
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below