Application for the Kawaguchi Shizu Memorial Scholarships for International Students in Japan – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the University of Tokyo in Japan.
Privately financed students from Asian countries that want to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree at UTokyo are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The students selected will be provided 60,000 JYP or 70,000 JYP per month towards a master’s or doctoral study at UTokyo from April 2022 to March 2023.
The University of Tokyo is a public research university that ranks 1st in the nation and aims to nurture global leaders with a strong sense of public responsibility and a pioneering spirit, possessing deep specialism and broad knowledge.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
KAWAGUCHI SHIZU MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All students from Asian countries are eligible to apply.
- Students can take up a master’s or doctoral study programme at UTokyo.
- The applicants must be 34 years or older.
- The applicants must have Japanese language proficiency.
- The applicants must have good academic standing.
- Students must have an undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant subject.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests: ILETS – 6.5, TOEFL IBT – 78, PTE – 54, CAE – Grade C, CPE – Grade C, University of Michigan ECPE – Pass, and MELAB – 80%.
KAWAGUCHI SHIZU MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Transcripts from graduate and undergraduate school
- Recommendation letter
- Certificate of enrolment
- Residence card
- Residence plan
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 1st February, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below