Application for the Latvian Research Fellowships for International Students in Latvia – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Latvian Government in Latvia.
Citizens from countries which have signed an agreement with Latvia or offer financial aid for Latvian students and academic staff can apply for the Latvian state scholarships. The amount of the Latvian fellowship is 30,00 EUR per day and 300,00 EUR for accommodation per month. The fellowship holder is expected to stay in Latvia for the full duration of the proposed period. If she/he is absent from the host higher education institution more than 14 consecutive days, his/her fellowship will be terminated.
The State Education Development Agency (SEDA; VIAA in Latvian) is a direct administration institution which is subordinated to the Ministry of Education and Science.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
LATVIAN RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Citizens from countries that have signed an Agreement: Azerbaijan, Georgia, Peru, Belgium (French Community of Belgium), Greece, Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Portugal, China, Israel, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, South Korea, Cyprus, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Turkey, Estonia, Mexico, Turkmenistan, Finland, Moldova, Uzbekistan, France, Mongolia, Austria, Iceland, Slovakia, United States of America, Denmark, Japan, Sweden, Germany, Norway and Switzerland.
- Citizens from countries which have signed an agreement with Latvia or offer financial aid for Latvian students and academic staff can apply for the Latvian state scholarships.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
LATVIAN RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants should apply by post.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before April 1, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below