Application for the LAWG Summer Internships for Applicants in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Latin America Working Group (LAWG) in USA.
Interns work closely with staff on all four campaigns, doing what is necessary as it arises. Interns are encouraged to work a minimum of three days or 20 hours per week. Internships are unpaid but are eligible for a $10/day travel stipend and academic credit.
As an intern, you will gain experience working in a professional environment through the lens of a D.C.-based nonprofit; and skills in online grassroots political organizing.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
LAWG SUMMER INTERNSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Classification: Freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or recent graduate/other
- Candidate must be enrolled in any major at the university and have qualified GPA
- Applicants must have a strong interest in the understanding of politics, economics, social issues, and human rights in Latin America.
LAWG SUMMER INTERNSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Completed applications should be submitted through our online application form before the deadline.
Application must include:
- All documents should be uploaded in a single pdf.
- The cover letter that states:
- Why you are specifically interested in LAWG’s work
- Why you are qualified for the position, including relevant coursework, experience, or study abroad
- Writing sample
- 2-3 pages maximum (can be excerpt) in English that focuses on a relevant topic (Latin America, U.S. policy towards Latin America, human rights issues, advocacy). It can be an academic paper, blog post, or news article.
- Optional: writing sample in Spanish with the same qualifications as above.
- Two references with:
- Capacity in which you worked with them
- Email and phone number.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 14, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below