Application for the Lee Kong China Scholars’ Programme for Local and Foreign undergraduates Students in Singapore – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Singapore Management University in Singapore.
Up to 30% of the tuition fee opportunities are awarded annually, each tenable for up to four years of the scholars’ studies, subject to outstanding academic performance and continued observance of the eligibility criteria.
Singapore Management University is a public, autonomous national university in Singapore that specializes in business and management studies.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
LEE KONG CHINA SCHOLARS’ PROGRAMME ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Full-time SMU first-year undergraduate student of any nationality
- The option of enrolling in a single degree or double degree programme. Those in the double degree programme must take Business as one of the two degrees. Scholars enrolled in a single degree programme must take a second major: scholars enrolled in the Business programme will take a second major from a non-business discipline, while scholars enrolled in SMU’s other schools (Law, Accountancy, Social Sciences, Economics or Information Systems) must take a second major offered by the Lee Kong Chian School of Business.
- Demonstrates leadership and communications skills
- A substantial record of co-curricular activity and/or community service involvement
- International students are eligible to apply for this application.
- Full-time SMU first-year undergraduate student of any nationality pursuing a double degree programme, including the Bachelor of Business Management
- Applicants are required to take TOEFL or IELTS if they are from countries where English is not the medium of instruction.
LEE KONG CHINA SCHOLARS’ PROGRAMME APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Applicants are required to submit a scholarship personal essay (to be completed and submitted online when applying for admission). Recommendation letters by their tutor or principal are optional but applicants are strongly encouraged to obtain such recommendations to support their application.
- Details on how to nominate your referee can be found in the online application for admission (under the Scholarship section).
- ensure that you give sufficient time to your referee to submit his/her recommendation online.
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on their academic qualifications and the strength of their non-academic records.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to SMU for a panel interview.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 31, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below