Application for the Leiden Excellence Program for International Students in Netherlands – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Leiden University in Netherlands.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of The grants is to attract the best and most motivated people to the Netherlands. The LExS is awarded for the duration of the study programme. There are three available levels of awards:
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
LEIDEN EXCELLENCE PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International students can apply for these excellence scholarships.
- The studentships are awarded for all MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website master’s programmes in Leiden (for Non-EU/EEA students).
List of Subjects: Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum Voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies.
- Students applying for all Master’s programmes at Leiden University – with the exception of regular LLM (non-advanced) programmes, which do not offer LEx Scholarships.
Students must have achieved excellent study results in their previous education, this being relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying. As an indication, the student is amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme. Note: proof of ranking is not required – this information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness.
- Most master’s programmes at Leiden University are taught in English. This means that applicants will need to submit proof of their English-language proficiency, preferably by means of an IELTS test.
LEIDEN EXCELLENCE PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Apply online for admission to a Master’s programme at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the program section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
Application must include:
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a Word doc of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study programme and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 1, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below