Application for the Leiden Excellence Scholarships Program for International Students in Netherlands – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Leiden University in Netherlands.
The university offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the scholarships is to attract the best and most motivated people to the Netherlands. The LExS is awarded for the duration of the study programme. There are three available levels of awards: € 10,000 of the tuition fee, € 15,000 of the tuition fee, and Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee.
Established in 1575, Leiden University is one of Europe’s leading international research-intensive universities. The university offers 50 undergraduates, 100 graduates, and 50 doctorates or PhD programs through its seven faculties.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International students can apply for these excellence scholarships.
- Masters program in Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum Voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies.
- For non-EEA/non-EFTA nationals who are applying for a Master’s programme at Leiden University. See additional note for UK students below.
- For students of all nationalities applying for an LLM Advanced Studies programme, or the MSC in International Relations and Diplomacy.
- Most master’s programmes at Leiden University are taught in English. This means that applicants will need to submit proof of their English-language proficiency, preferably by means of an IELTS test.
EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The mode of applying is online.
- Apply online for admission to a Master’s programme at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
Application must include:
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a Word doc of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- If you apply for more than one study programme and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before October 1 and February 1 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below