Application for the Leuven PhD Position in Pure Mathematics in Belgium – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Leuven in Belgium.
The aim of the fellowship is to support Belgium applicants who have a master degree in mathematics, or equivalent, with a strong interest in research.
The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (“Catholic University of Leuven”B), abbreviated KU Leuven and also known as the University of Leuven, is a research university in the Dutch-speaking city of Leuven in Flanders, Belgium.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
LEUVEN PHD POSITION ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants from Belgium are eligible to apply for the opportunity.
- Applicants must have a master degree in mathematics, or equivalent, with a strong interest in research, as demonstrated by your master thesis.
- Applicants must have very good oral and written proficiency in English.
LEUVEN PHD POSITION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- You have to use the online application tool available here. You have to upload exactly three pdf files.
Application must include:
- Motivation letter.
- CV. Include the names of three references. These colleagues do not have to write a reference letter now, but might be contacted by the hiring committee. Also, mention the topic of your master thesis and your (tentative) graduation date. If you have any preprints or publications, also mention these. The master thesis itself and the publications themselves should not be included.
- Transcripts of your bachelor and master studies.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 8, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below