Application for the Lord Rutherford Memorial Research Fellowship in New Zealand – 2019/2020. Entry is now open at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand.
The fellowship is awarded for outstanding merit and promise in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics or in any other cognate subject which the Academic Board may from time to time designate so as to give the fellow an opportunity for further study or research at some institution approved by the Academic Board. The current value of the fellowship is $20,000 per annum plus annual grants to assist with tuition fees and travel; the level of these grants to be dependent upon the income available and the current cost of fares and fees.
The University of Canterbury is New Zealand’s second-oldest university. It was founded in 1873 as Canterbury College, the first constituent college of the University of New Zealand.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
LORD RUTHERFORD ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The Fellowship is available to New Zealand students.
- Open to graduates of a university in New Zealand who were born in New Zealand or at the time of application have been resident in New Zealand for a period of seven years or more.
LORD RUTHERFORD APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- You may apply through this webpage approximately 8 weeks before applications close. If it’s possible to apply on-line for this application there will be a link above to the online system. If the link is not provided, please download and complete the application form located below.
Application must include:
- However, if The grant is managed by Universities NZ or another department of the University an External Website link will appear below and application instructions will be available through that link.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 01, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below