Application for the LWF International Scholarships in Theology, Diakonia and Development in Switzerland – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Lutheran World Federation in Switzerland.
There are 70 scholarships available for students who wish to apply for research studies or training related to theological, diaconal and development work. The Lutheran World Federation will provide a tuition fee to the winning candidates.
Founded in 1947, LWF stands alongside local and international partners, helping communities achieve their full potential and advocating for their universal rights. Its various activities include mission, social welfare, and educational programs.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
LWF INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Developing countries are eligible.
- Training related to theological, diaconal, and development work.
- For candidates who are church employees at the time of application, these age limits may be exceeded upon special request.
- Relatively higher consideration is made for female candidates who exceed the age limits due to social and cultural factors which cause them to pursue studies later.
- The candidate must demonstrate convincingly his/her commitment, ability and motivation to pursue the training and to support the church afterward (good educational and professional qualifications, recommendations and certificates, convincing character).
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English, French, German or Spanish.
LWF INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS INSTRUCTIONS
- The Church Endorsement and Application need to be completed through the online application system. The forms can be filled out in English, Spanish, French or German.
Application must include:
- All supporting documents must be uploaded and attached to the application. Applications are considered incomplete without attachments.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before October 15, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below