Application for the Mary Gates Research Scholarship For International Student In USA – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the University of Washington in USA.
In order to be eligible to apply, applicants do not need to be already engaged in research with faculty. In the planning stages of their research, students who clearly plan the plan and their project direction will be strong candidates.The bursaries are $5,000 and disburse in installments of $2,500 each over two quarters. Graduating seniors may request to receive a one-quarter award totaling $2,500.
The mission of the University of Washington is the preservation, advancement, and dissemination of knowledge. It preserves knowledge through its libraries and collections, its courses, and the program of its faculty.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MARY GATES SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants must be matriculated UW undergraduate students registered full time (at least 12 credits during the academic year; only one credit is required in Summer) during the award period, pursuing a bachelor’s degree at the UW Bothell, Seattle or Tacoma campus. This scholarship is open to U.S. citizens, international students, and undocumented students.
- Once awarded, recipients, must be actively engaged in their research and remain full-time undergraduate students during their award period (except summer quarter—students need only to be enrolled for one credit to receive funds).
- If you have other programmes, fellowships, awards or stipends supporting your research project and you are also selected for a Mary Gates Research Scholarship, you may not be eligible to receive the full amount of this award. The Mary Gates Endowment program reserves the right to adjust funding to promote equity among awardees.
- They may use the information provided by the Office of Student Financial Aid/FAFSA to determine award amounts. Each student’s case is dealt with on an individual basis. If you would like to discuss your situation, please contact a Mary Gates Endowment staff member.
- A student may receive a maximum of one Mary Gates scholarship at a time. Students may successfully apply for multiple grants – and may receive the honor of being named a Mary Gates Scholar in multiple categories – but can receive funding for only one award in any given quarter.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
MARY GATES SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To apply for the Mary Gates Research Scholarship, start by using all materials on the website related to Research Scholarship, specifically the selection criteria. You can find profiles of previous Mary Gates scholarship recipients as informative.
Application must include:
- To apply, students must be ready to submit the Your UWNetID, Mailing address, Permission to access parts of your student record and application, Project title, description, general dates of involvement, average hours spent per week, Requested award quarters, Essay, uploaded as a PDF, Letters of recommendation, etc.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) will be considered. There are two application cycles per year, with deadlines in October and January.