Application for the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) Research Fellowship in Japan – 2019/2020 Entry is now open for International students by the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) in Japan.
Matsumae International Foundation aims to assist international students who require financial assistance with scholarship, specifically for overseas students.
Fellowships are available to carry out research at selected host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry) in fields of study such as natural science, engineering, and medicine are given first priority.
The Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) is a non-governmental organization. Many donations have been kindly offered by enterprises and groups, most of the donors are individuals who are sympathetic to the founder’s ideals and maintain contributions to the fund from their limited incomes.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MATSUMAE INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION (MIF) RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Non-Japanese citizens can apply for these MIF fellowships.
- Applicants must obtain a Letter of Invitation from host institutions in Japan.
- Applicants must hold a PH.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by MIF as possessing equivalent academic
- Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when documents are submitted.
- Applicants must have sufficient abilities in English or Japanese languages.
- Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan. (Except for short-term stay. E.g. sightseeing, conferences)
- Applicants should be in employment in their home countries and must return to their countries upon completion of their MIF fellowship tenure.
- Applicants must be of sound health.
- A number of leading universities, especially private ones, offer a few courses in English but most are in Japanese and knowledge of the language is more of a requirement than an asset. Overseas students who want to study in English or Japanese must prove their language proficiency if the language is not their native tongue. Applicants may also be asked to submit scores from an English proficiency test such as TOEFL or to travel to Japan to sit university entrance examinations.
MATSUMAE INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION (MIF) RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants should obtain the current issue of the Fellowship Announcement from MIF or download the announcement from the MIF’s website and print out the Application Form in PDF-format or MS Word file.
- MIF cannot entertain requests for waivers of the eligibility requirements and other conditions, listed in the Fellowship Announcement, and will not accommodate such requests.
- Applications must be submitted from the applicant’s home country. MIF accepts those submitted by post.
- Those applications submitted electronically or via facsimile will be unacceptable.
- Applications must be received by MIF by 17:00 on July 31st, 2019(Japan Standard Time). Applications will not be accepted in any reason after the deadline date.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below