Application for the MaxPo Doctoral Fellowships for International Students in Germany 2019/20 Entry is now open at the Max Planck Sciences Po Center on Coping with Instability in Market Societies (MaxPo) in Germany.
Applications are invited for Doctoral Fellowships at the Max Planck Sciences Po Center on Coping with Instability in Market Societies. There is no nationality requirement; these fellowships are available for students of all nationalities.
The Max Planck Sciences Po Center on Coping with Instability in Market Societies (MaxPo) is a Franco-German research centre which was jointly founded in 2012 by the Max Planck Society and Sciences Po at the initiative of the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies (MPIfG) in Cologne. The Center’s research investigates how individuals, organizations, and nation-states are coping with the new forms of economic and social instability that have developed in Western societies as a result of policy shifts, the expansion of markets, technological advances, and cultural changes. Located at Sciences Po Paris and cooperating closely with the MPIfG, the Center aims to contribute substantially to the social sciences in Europe and to enrich academic and political dialogue between France and Germany.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MAXPO DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- There is no nationality requirement; their fellowships are available for students of all nationalities.
- Candidates will hold a master’s degree (or equivalent) and have received training in the following disciplines: history, sociology, or political science, with additional training in related fields.
- They should have experience with qualitative and quantitative methods.
- There is no nationality requirement; however, a firm command of English and a working knowledge of French are required.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
MAXPO DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Required documents (to be compiled into a single PDF file):
- a CV; a transcript of records from each institution attended; a cover letter briefly describing your intellectual trajectory so far and discussing the topics that interest you (2 pages maximum);
- a thesis project proposal (5,000 words maximum); a project title; an abstract summarizing your thesis project;
- a writing sample (such as an article, thesis, or term paper); if possible, we strongly encourage you to obtain one or more letters of recommendation (a letter from your MA advisor would be especially useful).
- Please email the complete file to [email protected] by 15 March 2019 (with “MaxPo PhD positions 2019” in the subject line). Incomplete files will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online interview. Final decisions will be made by mid-April 2019.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below