Application for the MD Fellowships for German Students in Germany – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) in Germany.
The aim of the training is to support up-and-coming junior scientists whose research projects experimentally elucidate the basic phenomena of human life. MD fellowships are granted for 10–12 months, an extension of up to 6 months is possible, The basic monthly stipend amounts to 1000 euros in countries of the European Monetary System, In Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the USA, a further 450 euros are added as a country-related premium, In most countries, fellows are paid an additional flat-rate of 150 euros per month to cover minor project-related costs (books, travel expenses, etc.), and to cover premiums for personal insuranc, and The stipend is intended to cover the living expenses of the recipient.
The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) is a public foundation – an independent, non-profit organization for the exclusive and direct promotion of basic research in biomedicine. The foundation convinced that great scientific ideas and developments need a stimulating context, freedom and a sound financial fundament.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MD FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities.
- The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds awards to medical students who wish to pursue an experimentally demanding and hypothesis-driven research project in basic biomedical research in a leading laboratory.
- Applicants must study medicine in Germany, put their studies on hold and change their working place (institution and city) for the entire duration of the MD fellowship, i.e. for an uninterrupted period of at least 10 months. Their research stay should take place before the third part of the medical examination (“Dritter Abschnitt der Ärztlichen Prüfung”).
- Applicants are eligible if they gained good or very good marks in the first section of the medical examination (“Erster Abschnitt der Ärztlichen Prüfung”) and during their subsequent studies.
- Applications must be submitted within 8 years after the University entrance qualification or high school-leaving exam (e.g. “Abitur”) and reach the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds at least three months before the planned change of location.
- All applicants must provide evidence that their English language ability meets the minimum requirements for the program.
MD FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Eligible candidates can apply for the program by submitting all the documents via post to Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds, Schusterstraße 46-48, 55116 Mainz, Germany.