Application for the Melbourne Faculty of Arts PhD Fieldwork Grant for International Students in Australia – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the University of Melbourne in Australia.
The program assists PhD graduate researchers for fieldwork in which the primary data for the PhD thesis can be collected only in a field location in Australia. The scholarship offers a maximum of $10,000 over the duration of the PhD candidature (whether in one long trip, or several repeat trips) will be awarded where eligible. Schools are required to contribute a minimum of 25% of the total budget.
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is the second oldest research university in Victoria that offers high-quality education at affordable tuition fees with degrees. It has 13,000 international students from over 130 countries around the world.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
FACULTY OF ARTS PHD FIELDWORK GRANT ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for the grant.
- PhD graduate research in the Faculty of Arts
- Be a PhD graduate researcher enrolled in the Faculty of Arts or MA graduate researcher who has been given provisional approval to convert to PhD at confirmation.
- Be post-confirmation or within three months of your expected confirmation date.
- Be able to demonstrate that the primary data collection for your PhD requires fieldwork methodology.
- Be undertaking fieldwork for a single period of three months or more duration, or for several periods that together total three months or more.
- Be able to present a reasonable and justifiable budget.
- Have school support for 25% of the total budget requested. Your School Funding will be the source of this contribution.
- Be able to demonstrate that you have met all relevant University policy requirements relating to their fieldwork (such as compliance with the University’s code of conduct for research and student travel policy): Principles and Policy of Research Integrity, Student Travel and Transport Policy (MPF1209) and Graduate Research Training Policy (MPF1321).
- For taking admission, candidates must check the entry requirement of their chosen program.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
FACULTY OF ARTS PHD FIELDWORK GRANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To be considered for the grant, candidates first have to take admission in the graduate research. After that, they must complete and submit the online application form.
Application must include:
- Applicants must submit a CV, academic certificates and transcripts with their applications.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 31, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below