Application for the Metamaterials PhD Scholarship for UK & EU Students in UK – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Exeter in UK.
The educational award is activated for both UK & EU students who have a plan to take part in PhD degree coursework for the academic year 2020/21. The university will provide scholarship value around £105,000, which includes £13,000 towards the research project (travel, consumables, equipment etc.), tuition fees, and an annual, tax-free stipend of approximately £16,500 per year for UK/EU students.
Founded in 1955, the University of Exeter offers study opportunities at undergraduate, masters and research level in a wide range of subjects across science, humanities and social sciences.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
METAMATERIALS PHD SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The studentship is available UK/EU and international students.
- The PhD support will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (minimum 2:1);
- Vision and motivation (for research & professional development);
- Evidence of the ability to work collaboratively and to engage in a diverse community;
- Evidence of excellent written and oral skills in English
- For taking admission at the university, applicants are required to meet the entry requirements.
- If English is not your first language you will need to have achieved at least 6.0 IELTS and no less than 6.0 in any section by the start of the project.
METAMATERIALS PHD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants can apply online using this application portal, where you will be able to submit your research proposal.
Application must include:
- Degree transcript(s), CV, a cover letter, a Personal Statement consisting of two parts:
- Describe a) why you would like to study for a PhD, b) why you would like to focus on this particular topic, c) any relevant expertise and d) your future career ambitions;
- Describe the qualities that you believe will make you a great researcher (in particular as part of a team).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 31, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below