Application for the METI Internship Scholarship for International Students in Japan – 2019/2020 Entry is now open by the Government of Japan in Japan.
Young foreign nationals of developing countries (OECD/DAC-listed countries) are eligible to apply for these internships. This is a paid internship programmed.Allowance: 4,000 yen per day for living cost. This amount is payable per day for the entire duration of the internship (except for international students living in Japan, who will be paid for active days only),Round-trip economy class air ticket, travel insurance (international students in Japan not eligible),Internship insurance and transportation and accommodation expenses including training program fee when participating in the training.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
METI INTERNSHIP SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Young foreign nationals of developing countries (OECD/DAC-listed countries) are eligible to apply for these internships.
- Agreeing with the spirit of this program, and through the internship promoting the internationalization of Japanese companies, developing the overseas business of Japanese companies, and working together to construct networks with overseas universities, etc.
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- As a rule, applicants should be at least 20 years of age and no older than 40 as of June 30, 2019.
- Applicants must able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate as well as a letter of recommendation from an affiliated university or institution etc.
- Able to undertake both the internship and Pre-Training full-time at the host company. (International students must also able to balance these against their studies)
- Other requirements meeting any individual conditions stipulated by the host company.
METI INTERNSHIP SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Fill in the application form from the program website, and apply.
-Selection is conducted through document screening, primary interview (native language/English/Japanese), and secondary interview (Japanese/English).
-After interviews are complete, various certificates (university qualifications, language skills, etc.), letters of recommendation, photographs, documents required for the visa, etc. are to be submitted individually.
- Suitability of acceptance for matched interns will be verified by the Screening Committee, and if approved, both Host Company and the intern will be notified of selection results.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before June 30th 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below