Application for the Microsoft Research Asia PhD Fellowship in China – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Microsoft Research in China.
This program is open to students from invited universities with eligible computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, information science, or automation departments. The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Program offers some of the industry’s most competitive incentives and rewards, including: Cash awards of $10,000 USD, which can be used to support research initiatives and academic endeavors including, but not limited to: attending international research conferences/events, and subsidizing paper and patent application fees, The guarantee of an optional three-month internship at Microsoft Research Asia, The opportunity to attend the Microsoft Research Asia Academic Conference—one of the most prestigious academic conferences in computer science in the Asia-Pacific region, and At the discretion of Microsoft Research Asia, fellows and their advisors may be invited to participate in collaborative research projects and academic exchange events.
The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Program identifies the next generation of research leaders through a unique program that offers a combination of mentorship, research, networking, and academic opportunities to promising young candidates.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
SIA PHD FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants must attend a university in mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, or Taiwan, and do research work that relates to computing topics in which Microsoft Research has the expertise (click on Research Areas at the top of the page for a full list).
- According to the definition of the normative period of PhD programs of the applicant’s university and region, the applicant must still be in an eligible PhD program until the spring semester of 2020. The applicants and their advisors will be asked for supporting documents if needed.
- Multiple applicants from one supervisor will not be considered for acceptance.
- The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Committee has the final determination of the interpretation of the above clauses.
- Students from China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan countries are eligible to apply.
- The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
SIA PHD FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applications must be submitted via the online application tool in any of the following formats: Word document, text-only file, PDF or ZIP. Email or hard copy applications will not be considered.
Application must include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Research Statement. This statement (of approximately 1,000 words) provides a summary of your research accomplishments and current work. It must discuss the future direction and potential of your work, especially your research plan for the next few years of PhD study.
- At least two letters of reference from established researchers familiar with your research.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before June 30, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below