Application for the Microsoft Research PhD Fellowships for Asia-Pacific Students in USA – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Microsoft in USA.
The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship program identifies the next generation of research leaders through a unique program that offers a combination of mentorship, research, networking, and academic opportunities to promising young candidates. The Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Program offers some of the industry’s most competitive incentives and rewards, including: Cash awards of $10,000 USD, which can be used to support research initiatives and academic endeavours including, but not limited to: attending international research conferences/events and subsidizing paper and patent application fees. Opportunity for intensive and individualized mentorship programs with a dedicated senior researcher to help facilitate the fellow’s research until graduation. Opportunity to attend the Microsoft Research Asia Academic Conference. At the discretion of Microsoft Research Asia, advisors of fellows might be invited to participate in collaborative research projects and academic exchange events.
Microsoft Research provides a dynamic environment for research careers with a network of world-class research labs led by globally-recognized research scientists and engineers. Their researchers and engineers pursue innovation in a range of scientific and technical disciplines, to help solve complex challenges in diverse fields, including computing, healthcare, economics, and the environment.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, or Taiwan applicants are eligible to apply.
- Fellowships in Computational Biology & Life Sciences, Computational Physics Physics, Computational Sustainability, Computational Chemistry, and Material Science.
- Applicants must attend a university in mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, or Taiwan and do research work related to computing topics with which Microsoft Research is concerned (click on Research Areas at the top of the page for a full list).
- According to the definition of the normative period of PhD programs of the applicant’s university and region, the applicant must graduate in 2024 or later. If needed, the applicants and their advisors will be asked for supporting documents.
- The applicants must hold a previous degree with remarkable results.
- If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof.
PHD FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- In order to apply for the fellowship, all interested candidates are required to complete the online application portal.
Application must include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Research Statement- This statement (of approximately 1,000 words) provides a summary of your research accomplishments and current work and highlights your most outstanding contribution to academia. It must discuss your work’s future direction and potential, especially your research plan for the next few years of PhD study.
- At least two letters of reference from established researchers familiar with your research. Of these, one letter should come from your advisor. Scanned copies of the signed recommendation letters should be sent by those recommending you directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 10 June, 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below