Application for the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic Programme in Sasinkova – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Government of the Slovak Republic in Sasinkova.
The National Programme of the Slovak Republic (NSP) supports also mobility of students and PhD students studying at Slovak higher education institutions. The grant is intended to cover international scholarship holders’ living costs during their study, research/artistic or teaching stay at universities and in research organisations3 in Slovakia. The scholarship holder can ask for assistance concerning accommodation and formalities related to entering and staying in the territory of the Slovak Republic either his/her host institution, or he/she can handle all the necessities him-/herself. university student:350 €, PhD student: 580 €, university teacher/researcher/artist: 580 €, without a PhD degree (or its equivalent) and less than 4 years of work experience as a university Teacher/researcher/artist: 580 €, with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and less than 10 years of work experience as a university, teacher/researcher/artist: 850 €, with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and more than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist: 1,000 €.
In 2005, the National Programme for the Support of Mobility of University Students, PhD Students, University Teachers, Researchers, and Artists was established by the approval of the Government of the Slovak Republic.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
SLOVAK REPUBLIC PROGRAMME ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Citizens of any country in the world (except the citizens of Slovakia) can apply for a stay in Slovakia in the framework of the NSP.
- The education supports study/research/teaching/artistic mobility of foreign students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers, and artists at universities and research organizations in Slovakia.
- These are awarded in all subjects offered by the universities and research organizations in Slovakia.
- Eligible applicants for a study in the framework of the NSP: A) Students who:
- Are university students at universities outside Slovakia;
- Are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study program;
- Will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be accepted by a public, private or state university in Slovakia for an academic mobility1 to study in Slovakia.
- All 3 conditions must be met. This category does not apply to doctoral (PhD) studies (or their equivalent).
- Duration of a scholarship stay (students): 1 – 2 semesters (i.e. 4 – 5 or 9 – 10 months) or 1 – 3 trimesters, in case the academic year is divided into trimesters (i.e. 3 – 4 or 6 – 7 or 9 – 10 months).
- PhD students whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme2 for an academic mobility1 to study/conduct research in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (PhD students): 1 – 10 months.
- International university teachers, researchers, and artists who are invited to a teaching/research/artistic stay in Slovakia by an institution with a valid certificate of eligibility to carry out research and development.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
SLOVAK REPUBLIC PROGRAMME APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Online application system is opened at least 6 weeks prior to the application deadline.
Application must include:
- To apply, students must be ready to submit at least a scan or a copy of his/her admission/invitation letter, CV, Motivation letter, Detailed study program, Two recommendation letters, Scan of applicant’s bachelor’s diploma, diploma supplement and state examination certificate, List of publications/artistic activities in required form, etc.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before April 30, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below