Application for the MIT Pappalardo Fellowships in Physics for US and Non-US Citizens in USA – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the MIT Physics Department in UK.
The mission of the MIT Pappalardo Fellowships in Physics is to sustain a distinguished postdoctoral program that identifies, recruits and supports the most talented and promising young physicists at an early stage in their careers. Each year, the program appoints three new Fellows for a three-year term each, via its annual competition. All Pappalardo Fellows are provided with: independent, unrestricted choice of research focus and direction within the MIT Department of Physics, throughout the three-year fellowship appointment;
active faculty mentoring fostered by weekly luncheons and monthly dinners with the Department’s faculty, throughout the academic year; a competitive annual stipend for first-year Fellows in the 2022-2025 academic year, with annual cost-of-living increases for the remaining two years, combined with $5,000 per academic year in untaxed, discretionary research funds; and MIT Affiliate Health Plan insurance coverage for Fellows and their dependents.
The MIT Physics Department is one of the best places in the world for research and education in physics. In recent years we have produced the largest numbers of undergraduate and doctoral degrees in physics of any university in the US. Our successes are widely admired and emulated.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MIT PAPPALARDO FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The US, as well as Non-US citizens, are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
- To participate in the Pappalardo Fellowships competition, a candidate can only be nominated by a faculty member or senior researcher in physics, astronomy or related fields. Self-nominated applicants will not be accepted.
A letter of reference is NOT submitted by the faculty nominator along with the online nomination form. Instead, the candidate herself/himself will submit the nominator’s contact information to academicjobsonline.org (AJO) as one of her/his three referees. AJO will then email the faculty referee directly with instructions for submitting the nominator’s letter of reference directly to its secure, confidential server.
Current MIT graduate students and postdoctoral researchers, or those who have already received an offer for a postdoctoral position from an MIT faculty member, will only be considered under exceptional circumstances.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
MIT PAPPALARDO FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Application Materials Deadline for Candidates (including the three referee letters)
- Candidates must follow the instructions and use the private code emailed to them directly by the Pappalardo Fellowships office on how to access the private section for the 2022-2025 Pappalardo Fellowships competition on academicjobsonline.org. This is where all required application materials must be submitted for review by Committee faculty.
Application must include:
- Applicants themselves are responsible for ensuring that all of the following items are submitted to academicjobsonline.org by Midnight (EST) on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2017 [Midnight = Friday/Saturday]:
- Name, title, institutional affiliation, address, cell phone number, area of physics.
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications
- An essay detailing proposed research during a Pappalardo Fellowship [Important message from the faculty reviewers
- Three letters of recommendation, of which number should be the letter from the faculty nominator. No co-authored letters, please.
- One publication preprint or reprint (optional, and limited to one paper).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 10 September, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below