Application for the MPOWER Women in STEM Program for International Students to Study in Canada or USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the MPOWER Financing in Canada or USA.
The award is open to female international and DACA students who are accepted or currently enrolled to study full-time in a STEM degree program that MPOWER supports in the United States or Canada. MPOWER Financing will provide one $5,000 scholarship, one $3,000 scholarship, and one $2,000 scholarship to female international/DACA students
MPOWER Financing is a public benefit corporation. In honour of the United Nation’s International Day of Women and Girls in Science, MPOWER is working to remove education barriers by providing access to much-needed funding.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MPOWER PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are accepted from across the world.
- The grant will be awarded for the undergraduate degree in Stem filed (Engineering and Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Natural Sciences) offered by the university
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Permanent Resident, International Students, Undocumented Students
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted to study full-time in a STEM degree program at one of MPOWER’s partner universities (340 U.S. and 21 Canadian schools) for the remainder of the student’s undergraduate study and a graduate degree program
- Entrants must be a female international student allowed to study in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable legally.
- For study at a U.S. partner college or university: F1 visa status, Green Card holder (permanent resident) status, or DACA recipient status
- For study at a Canadian partner college or university: permanent resident or Canadian study permit holder
- US citizens wishing to study in the U.S. and Canadian citizens wanting to study in Canada are not eligible for this application.
- Before you get started on your application, be sure to review all requirements carefully.
- Applicants are required to have excellent English language proficiency o study in the US or Canada.
MPOWER PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- During the contest period, there is only one method of entry. Applicants must complete and submit the online contest entry form to win the competition.
Application must include:
- Submit an essay, a copy of your transcript or admission letter, a proof of your citizenship, immigration status, and gender (i.e., your passport and visa), and proof of English language proficiency.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before August 31, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below