Application for the MPQ Postdoctoral Fellowship in Quantum Optics in Germany – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the MPH Center for Quantum Optics in Germany.
Successful candidates can carry out their research either at Harvard or at MPQ, whilst taking advantage of the unique opportunity to pursue their research in collaboration with faculty and students at both institutions. Fellowships are awarded for the duration of two years. Successful candidates can carry out their research either at Harvard or at MPQ, whilst taking advantage of the unique opportunity to pursue their research in collaboration with faculty and students at both institutions. Participation in collaborative research projects between Harvard and MPQ is specifically encouraged. Hereby, fellows will be offered the opportunity to travel between both institutions on a regular basis, while profiting from the excellent colloquia series and scientific retreat events organized by the center each year.
The Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics (MPQ) and the Physics Department at Harvard University join their expertise to expand on their groundbreaking research and to promote excellent young scientists.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MPQ POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
- In order to be eligible for the MPQ-Harvard fellowships, applicants have to have completed their PhD before starting the fellowship.
- The University of Harvard and the MPQ are equal opportunity employers. Applications of women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged.
MPQ POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships based at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics have to be submitted at
Application must include:
- Please give details about all your university education, including dates and degrees acquired. Also give a short summary of your PhD thesis, and list any prizes and scholarships you received. Please also insert any other information you consider relevant.
- In this section we ask you about your previous research: please list your research interests, list your publications (most relevant), and give an outline of your prior and ongoing projects and collaborations.
- Please give a research field (at most two) that you are planning to work in. Please mention who you want to collaborate with.
- Here you should sketch the research agenda you intend to pursue during your fellowship at MPHQ. Please also explain how this research relates to your previous research
- Name at least two referees (max. three) that can testify on your previous work. They will be notified automatically by email once you submit your application. The reference letters have to be submitted before the deadline. Therefore, please contact the referees in due time!
- Please upload your CV, your transcripts, papers and publications. Please use pdf format only.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 15, 2019. will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below