Application for the MRes and PhD Positions for International Students for International Students in Australia – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Macquarie University in Australia.
The funding opportunity encourages students who want to undertake an MRes Y2 + PhD Bundle, a PhD degree programme in Engineering. As a successful candidate, you will create exciting microfluidic modules that enable high-throughput, robust, and automated single-cell analysis. Macquarie University will provide funding benefits consisting of a tuition fee offset and a living allowance stipend. The value and tenure of The grant is an “MQRES” full-time stipend rate of $28,092 per annum (in 2020 tax-exempt for up to 3 years – indexed annually).
Macquarie University is renowned for its first-class facilities, highly skilled graduates, and excellence in interdisciplinary research and teaching. Founded in 1964, it plays a major role in changing the traditional education system in Australia.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MRES AND PHD POSITIONS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities.
- MRes Y2 + PhD Bundle program or PhD program in Engineering.
- The minimum requirement for admission to an MRes degree:
- Bachelor or higher award from a recognized institution.
- Minimum overall GPA of 4.38 on a 7 point scale and GPA of 5.25 at 300 level.
- A research proposal (a short paragraph is sufficient).
- The minimum requirement for admission to a PhD degree is:
- Completion of a Master of Research (MRes) with a grade of at least a Distinction level (75% or greater in the second year.
- A Master of Philosophy.
- A two-year Masters’s degree with a major research component at Distinction level (75% or greater).
- Candidates are expected to have a record of excellent academic performance and preferably, additional relevant research experience and/or peer-reviewed research activity in line with the University’s scholarship rating guidelines.
- If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof.
MRES AND PHD POSITIONS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- In order to apply for the opportunity s, applicants must take admission in an MRes Y2 + PhD Bundle, PhD degree programme at the Macquarie University. After getting enrolled, new applicants to Macquarie University will need to complete the OnlineHDR Candidature and application via the Online Application System and arrange for two academic referee reports to be submitted to the Higher Degree Research Office.
Application must include:
- Must include any additional documentation/research output, must indicate the allocation number under the program details question, must include ID number and full name in email subject line (in one PDF attachment).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 20, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below