Application for the MSCA-ITN PhD Awards for International Students in Europe – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Vesuvius Group SA and European Commission in Europe.
The project’s objective is to derive new computational models for refractory materials, which will make it possible for the first time to simulate in-silico their behavior over the whole working temperature range. Vesuvius Group SA and European Commission will provide € 3270 (before employer and employee deductions – fixed for a period of the appointment) per month, plus a monthly taxable mobility allowance of € 600.00.
Vesuvius Group SA (VESUVIUS) is a global leader in supplying specialized refractory products and packaged technology solutions to the steel making, foundry and glass industries, employing more than 12,000 people in 90 different countries.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MSCA-ITN PHD AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are accepted from around the world
- PhD degree in Rate-Dependent Constitutive Modelling of Heat Resisting Materials
- Researcher status: Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs) shall at the time of recruitment by the host organization be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree, which would formally entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country researcher is recruited.
- Applicant ESRs can be of any nationality.
- Students must have a first-class Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Solid and Structural Mechanics, Civil/Structural/Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Applicants must have excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills and highly proficient English language skills.
MSCA-ITN PHD AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To apply for this program, applicants have to take admission to the PhD degree programme at the university.
Application must include:
- a copy of the Master’s and Bachelor’s certificates and the respective Transcripts of Records
- the summary of the Master’s degree thesis
- a letter of motivation
- at least one presentation letter by a previous scientific supervisor
- a declaration regarding the country where they have resided or carried out their main activity(work, studies, etc.) in the three years immediately before the date of application
- a research proposal consistent with the purpose of the research, in which the candidate explains how he/she would develop the research topic
- a professional-scientific CV, demonstrating their skills and ability to conduct the research program described in this call.
- the publication list and any additional certificate or qualification
- A copy of their ID card or another form of identification.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before June 30, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below